Sunday, May 16, 2010

Farm fresh cheese with added probiotics!!! - Updated!!


I headed up to the farmers market today in Rhinebeck. My first stop was the most amazing falefel stand...I couldn't get over my luck!! Needless to say, I was completely involved in my falafel and breezed through the rest of the market with most everything going unnoticed. Much to my disappointment...I realized I missed something really cool!! Guess that means another trip up next Sunday because I want to find The Amazing Real Live Food Co.

So check this out!!! Right here in the Hudson Valley are two local guys making farm fresh cheese. It's called The Amazing Real Live Food Co. and even though I can not eat cheese anymore...many of you can. They are making cheese and ice cream with live probiotics added!!!! I can't get over my excitement!! This is a great product for all the "Lymies" trying to keep their bodies balanced and well maintained while on heavy antibiotic therapy.

From article in Rural Intelligence:
“Probiotics are good live bacteria, like acidophilus in yogurt,” he says enthusiastically. “They work with the enzymes in your body. They’re good for your digestion and immune system. Hence our name: The Amazing Real Live Food Company.”

 I send a thank you to The Real Live Food Company!! You are providing something yummy AND useful!

 Check these guys out and see if they are carrying products near you....and if not...I would contact them to find out how to get your hands on that cheese!

http://amazingreallive.com/

Update

May 23, 2010

 I headed back up to the market today, not only for my falafel, but to check out The Real Live Food Company and their cheese. So...based on my personal taste testers response....this is a must buy! All the cheese looked delicious and I can't personally say which you would like the best....so next week, I will buy one of each :)

I also had a chance to meet Peter, one of the owners of the company. He was busy bringing customers up to speed on probiotics and acydophilus and all of their glorious benefits. He was informed, friendly and really seemed to know what he was talking about. I asked if they ship...YES!!!They do!! If interested send them an email through their webpage and they will contact you. So...you are buying something good for you and supporting smart food and farmers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds great....thanks alyssa!!

bbaker said...

mozz with basil/garlic sounds A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.!!! I love falafel & haven't had a good one in years. Imma have to give this a try. Thanks for the info