Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Radio and Garlic!

Yesterday, from 5-6pm, myself and Eric Rutalante of www.Lymebites.com were at Vassar College in Poughkeepsie, NY for a radio interview with Dutchess County Legislator Joel Tyner. Much to our surprise, the whole hour was devoted to letting us speak about Lyme Disease, The Paint May Lyme Green Initiative and promoting the upcoming screening of Under Our Skin. After we caught our breath from running up many flights of stairs...we settled right in and much to my surprise....I loved it! I had a great time!

During the radio show, food, diet and nutrition were briefly discussed. It was mentioned to us....that should maybe people eat lots and lots of garlic? The answer to that is Yes!! I try to have fresh garlic as a daily part of my diet. This week I will help explain the benefits of garlic and share some recipes that have large quantities of garlic to help you incorporate more into your diet in a Lyme friendly way. Do you have a favorite recipe laden with garlic? Why don't you share it with us all!

Under Our Skin
Free Screening
Rhinebeck NY
May 12,2010
5:30 pm at the Rhinebeck Town Hall
with Guest Speakers:
Dr. Steven Bock of the Rhinebeck Health Center
Dr. Horowitz of Hyde Park
and Others!

No comments: